Friday, April 16, 2010

Ok, I'm going to take a stab at this award thing. A childhood friend of mine gave it to me, and here are the rules:
#1. Brag about the award.
Hmmm, I GOT AN AWARD EVERYONE!! LOOK AT ME! I'M THE BEST!
#2. Include the name of the person who gave the award to you and link back to that blogger.
Her penname is Mom2spiritedboy at Spirited Blessings
#3. Choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.
#4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
This, That and The Other Thing
Running Out Of Hands
Out-Numbered By Kids
#5. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

So here goes: (you may have already heard some of this stuff)

1) I am pretty lazy. I have a hard time convincing myself that it's better to have a clean house rather than read my latest story I'm into.

2) Not sure if this is part of the laziness, but I'm a procrastinator, through and through. I leave EVERYTHING to the last minute, then get in a panic. I've done that since grade school, and this will probably never change. Just come see my dining room table that is strewn with receipts galore for the upcoming tax deadline. (Don't yell at me! *cringes*)

3) I've never smoked a cigarette. Never even lit one, or put a lit one to my mouth. EVER. And I'm pretty proud of that fact too. (This goes for all forms of smoking!)

4) I've never drank so much I puked. I've come very close, but thanks to my Dad's drinking horror stories and my whole aversion to puke, I've never put myself through that.

5) I like cheese and pickle sandwiches. But it needs to be melted cheddar, and dill pickles.

6) Lately I have been fantasizing about learning to drive a motorbike (a speed bike, not like a Harley or something). I always hated the things. They're noisy and sooooo dangerous. But now, I want one. I think it'll make me a hot sexy momma or something. *snorts*

7) Sometimes I think about how different my life would be if I had never got married. If I had walked away and travelled the world instead. Would I be happier? Sadder? Skinnier? Fatter? Don't you wish we could have an alternate reality like on Lost, to see what things would be like? That would be cool.

8) A tiny part of me worries about 12/21/12. I know, I'm a freak. But really, I don't want the world to end so soon! Well, who does? It's a little scary. I tell myself it'll turn out like 2000; a big nothing. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, Google it.

9) Sometimes I think my brother was fathered by another man. Besides the fact that he doesn't look much like my dad, he is not like the rest of the family. Maybe it's because he's a guy. He is weird and has bizarre ideas. He is creative, which probably goes hand-in-hand with the weirdness and bizarre ideas, and the rest of us are not. I love him, but I feel like he's more like a cousin or something.

10) Boy this has been hard! Ok, my number 10 honest thing is hmmmm.....oh, I got it. I once left a child out on the playground all by herself when I was working at a "real" daycare centre. Completely and totally forgot about her bringing in the rest of the kids. I was on my own that afternoon and neglected to do the headcount, and the parents were the ones who discovered her out there!! GADS!
Luckily I quickly bullshitted my way out majorly deep doo-doo into more minor doo-doo, but it really shook me up for a long time, and I've felt bad about it ever since.

Ok so that's it. I hope you enjoyed that and now I hope I get to read some other honest things about others!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha - thanks for the award! I just did my five items, and a list of eleven honest things about myself. Enjoy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I see we share the motorcycle thing - maybe we should learn together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved No. 10. So was the poor kid panicking or was she having a great time out there by herself?

    Thank you for the award.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete