Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Katy Perry - Firework




This morning I spent some time updating my music and playlists. Often I'll go through the iTunes list of the most popular downloads and sample them, figuring out which ones I like and such and then I go to my favourite torrents website and illegally acquire them download them in a perfectly legal manner!
I have been dying to get the new Christmas album from the Glee cast, (one of my most favourite shows!) and I really wanted to get it in the acceptable manner, but I just couldn't justify spending $10 on my own selfish needs right now so I...borrowed it. Yeah.
It doesn't disappoint either! I think it'll be my go-to Christmas music for this year! The kids and I especially liked their rendition of Jingle Bells, and it has some of my favourite Christmas tunes on there, such as O Holy Night, and Baby It's Cold Outside.
I also looked up Katy Perry's latest album, and that's when I came across this video. I'm not one for watching videos really, but I really like this one. It has a message to it, and isn't random garbage for once with artsy-fartsy stuff or gratuitous boob flashing and hip thrusting. It also doesn't seem to have anything in it that I wouldn't want my own kids to hear or see. Even the girl that strips to her undies is not in a sexual context.
Short post today, hope you enjoy the video!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the video. It took a bit to ignore that the fireworks were coming from her boobs (I know, her heart, but it looked more like her chest at first). The imagery and message were nice to see. The woman in labour one made my eyes mist - the spark of a new life.

    ReplyDelete