Monday, March 18, 2013

Mar 18

Today was the first day back to school after the March Break. Last night, I was expecting a lot of crying and fuss from L, but it wasn't too bad. We've had a couple of small episodes over the past few days when he was realizing the reality of school was upon him soon, and he would get angry, despair, or even hit his head. Last night he stalled a lot, but we didn't have tears at least.
This morning was difficult, as I expected. He didn't want to get out of bed, and refused to get dressed until I threatened him with taking away his favourite cereal, Lucky Charms. Oh how I hate that I've resorted to feeding my children that crap, it's just pure sugar. But right now, I feel like any small thing that makes my life easier in the mornings is worth it. I don't know how long it will last though, I'm sure the novelty and fun will wear off soon. It won't be much of a "treat" after too long.
We've yet to come up with a new prize for an incentive. I'm not sure how to take that - that it's good that my son wants for nothing, or that it's sad that he has so much he wants for nothing.
Ok, I guess it's good, because really, he doesn't have EVERYTHING, it's just that the things he wants aren't wanted enough to make it worth his while.
Actually, there is something he wants very much right now, but I can't afford it, nor can I commit to keeping it. It's an ongoing cost.
He wants....
A lizard.
I'm fine with him having one - when he's older. It's not because I'm squeamish or anything, it's just that I don't want to be the one to have to take care of it when he doesn't want to anymore. And also, we had to give up our guinea pigs because of the ongoing cost of them, and a lizard is about the same financially, even more with the start-up cost.
Tonight he started his new cooking class. He had a great time, and even said he made a new friend. I'm happy he's enjoying it, I was so worried he'd feel uncomfortable, or it would be all girls, or the chef wouldn't be good with kids, or that he'd hurt himself and be completely turned off. Thank god it all went smoothly. And the chef seems great, and has his own daughter in the class too.
As far as other stuff, I've been forgetting lately to give him the St. John's Wort. It's been more sporadic, but I've been wondering about side effects. He's had a few headaches lately, which he doesn't normally seem to get, but maybe three or four in the past few weeks. He's also getting some random hives, which seems to happen to him without rhyme or reason, my rashy boy. So I'm left wondering if these are side effects, or just coinciding with some airborne allergen. DH's allergies have been worse lately, so I wonder if he's reacting to the same thing, or if its this remedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment