Friday, February 25, 2011

Filth (And Why I Hate Spring)





This is my front entryway, and it's disgusting. It drives me crazy because of all the dirt and grit that gets tracked in at this time of year.
You may look at this picture and think,
doesn't that woman EVER clean?? How could parents even consider dropping their kids off in a cesspool like that? ?Aren't they worried their children will contract cholera or something equally horrifying?





You can see the amount of grit and dirt here in this close-up. I know, gross.





Here's another shot. Go ahead and click it and make it bigger. Ew.

And this mess extends down the hallway, all the way to the carpeted area. Of course the kids walk through it, then they track it down the hall, and onto the carpet, and into the kitchen. They don't bother to brush their socks off before going any further down the hallway, or even try to avoid the worst of it. So every time you walk around my house in socks or especially in bare feet, its all you can feel grinding against your soles.

God I hate this time of year.

Oh, and to answer your question, I do clean! This is only a couple of days' worth. But considering about 15 or so people are coming in and out of my house multiple times a day, this mess is inevitable.

Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Uh, I was thinking that very first picture didn't look *that* bad ... but then, I have pretty much the same problem ;)

    And if you don't keep on top of it (which is hard), it gets tracked everywhere! Then I find myself brushing off the bottoms of me feet on my pant legs (too lazy to use my hands).

    But. Then I sigh and feel grateful that I'm not walking all over spilled cooked rice. Because THAT is really annoying, and doesn't come off socks or bare feet. And it smudges on the floor.

    See? A good thing about the dirt - it isn't cooked rice!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want gross come to my house. Windowed house, red carpets and doors everywhere. Sigh.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete