Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowmaggedon 2011


The snow cave they made next to our driveway.

Just a few pics to showcase our little piece of the snowstorm.

The kids walking home from school.


I have other pictures, but I didn't want to show any faces without any parents' permission, and I'm still wary of showing my own kids on here.

So this is what the streets in our neighbourhood look like now. The storm was pretty hefty, yes, but in our neck of the woods it's really nothing unusual for us to have one or two of these dumpings during the winter (along with many,many,many other smaller snowstorms). They never close the schools here for any amount of snow, so my kids went to school along with all the others I look after.

So you can kind of see how big the snow banks are. I don't think there's anyone on our street that does not own a snowblower. You'd be crazy to live here and not own one. And pretty much everyone owns one vehicle that can push through the snow better than a little Corolla or Prius. We all either have a minivan, SUV or pickup truck. So we're all well adapted.

That's it! Just a short post today.

2 comments:

  1. I made a snow tunnel with my R during the last bunch of snow that was dumped on us! Lots of fun :) But beware of yellow snow when you go back to the tunnel in a few days!

    Gotta love how kids hate snow on them if it gets thrown there, but if they get it on their hat and down their back when crawling through a snow tunnel, they don't seem to care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chickened out and stayed home.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete