Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Canada Day!!



Happy Canada Day everyone!! Especially my Canadian friends!
Ok, I know I'm a day early, but I don't think I'll have time to post tomorrow, so just pretend this is tomorrow, k?
You see, my sister had her baby boy last night, so tomorrow I'll be travelling to her neck of the woods to see the family and meet my new nephew!! I'm so excited to be an aunt for the second time! I remember when my niece, M, was born I was completely taken by surprise at how much I instantly loved her. I know, it shouldn't be surprising to love a child, but I didn't think someone else's child could come close to the love I feel for my own children, even someone as close to me as my sister.
But I loved (and still do, of course) M instantly, and profoundly, and that made it even harder to be over an hour's drive from my sister.
So I am looking forward to meeting this little guy, and experiencing that love once again. Isn't it amazing how love grows and grows?






1 comment: