Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Disney: Day One

Disney: Day One

Today was loooooonnnngggg. After a very restless sleep, my alarm went off at two and up I got to go in the shower. DH followed shortly. Our flight left at 7:30, and we were told to be there three hours before, so 4:30, meaning we had to leave between 3:00 and 3:15. So in order for me to have enough time to shower, pack last minute stuff and whatnot, I got up at two. It was not fun, and made for a very long day. At that time of day, I don't think it's particularly necessary to be at the airport THAT early. We were sitting around for quite a bit.
The flight was ok, I was very nervous as I always am about flying. My stomach was in knots and I was going to the washroom quite frequently as a result. I know, TMI.
The flight went well though with no hitches. Orlando airport is insane! It's really big and we had to go through so many security checkpoints. We also had to retrieve our luggage, then put it on some conveyor belt, get on a shuttle to the main terminal, then wait for our bags again! Then we had to wait in a huge line for the car rental. It took us forever to get away from the airport!
Finally we had our vehicle and off we went. Of course, we couldn't find the condo at all, because we were given the wrong address! When we finally found it, the room wasn't ready, but we were told we could use the pool. After the boys took a dip the apt still wasn't ready but we had dinner reservations so off we went.
We had dinner at a dinosaur themed restaurant called T-Rex. It was just like Rainforest Cafe, only prehistoric. It was really cool! L went in the Build-a-Dino workshop there and got a spinosaurus. The restaurant was in Downtown Disney Marketplace. From there we walked around to the Lego store, which had big brick statues, and of course, lots and lots of Lego for sale!
When we returned to the hotel/condo, our room was finally ready. It is pretty nice, with three bedrooms, one with an ensuite and king bed which the nan promptly claimed, until DH nicely asked her if we could have it. The boys have a room together with two twin beds, and the nan has the third room which also has a king size bed. Every room has a tv in it, which means the whole place has four tv's! After we put the boys to bed, DH and I headed out to Walmart to do some grocery shopping. By the time we got to bed, it was after ten, and I was exhausted!!

Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

  1. Disney Marketplace. That was the place I was trying to remember.